I am an ardent fan of Chole Puri. I really enjoy devouring morsels of Chana Masala with Puri. Here I wish to share with you a quick and simple recipe for Chana Masala.
- Olive Oil- 1 tbsp
- Yellow Onion- 1 chopped
- Fresh Garlic- 1 tbsp minced
- Fresh Ginger- 1 inch piece minced
- Green Chilli- 1 minced
- Garam Masala- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Peeled Tomatoes- 1 can
- Kabuli Chana- 3 cups, cooked, drained and rinsed
- Lemon- for garnishing
- Coriander Leaves- for garnishing
Method Of Preparation
- Heat oil in a medium pan. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to the oil. Saute till the cumin seeds are light brown in color.
- Then add ginger, garlic, onion and green chilli and saute. Stir well and cook for roughly five minutes.
- Now add Garam Masala to the pan. You may also add coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Peel the boiled tomatoes and add it to the pan. Use a spoon to split it. Some chunks of tomatoes can be left to add texture to thedish.
- Add kabuli chana to the pan and raise the temperature. Cook it for around 10 minutes so that the flavors develop properly.
- Once it is done, you may garnish the dish with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
You can serve the amazing Chole sabji with rice or Puri.